Through the study of History, pupils develop an awareness of the past and how it influences the present. They learn about significant events and people. Historical learning in the classroom is supplemented by a wide range of field trips and educational visits.
Pupils at Kerem will leave Year 6:
- with an interest in and appreciation of the past;
- with the skills to research and investigate a topic;
- with the ability to compare and contrast;
- able to ask relevant questions to further their own knowledge;
- able to link cause and effect;
- with an understanding of a variety of time periods including early British History.